Learnt something a year or two ago about cooking meat....after hearing/reading about pulled pork stuff here on the campfire.

Anyway, I took a pound and a half of gifted moose loin, sliced it into 1/4" slices, added it together with half a chopped sweet onion. Just threw them into a kettle with a tight lid and put it on the stove on low heat, just a slosh of olive oil together with the onion moisture to keep things from burning while the meat juices seeped into the pan. That meat juice seems to be the ticket- rather than added water- for keeping the meat moist instead of dry; that and keeping the heat low.

Then it was off to work for a few hours.

After 4 hours or so, I threw in a few whacks of green leek tops and a couple handfuls of whole fresh mushrooms (the better for the boys to sort out- since they don't like 'em). A nice slosh of good teriyaki went in around this time as well to simmer until the added stuff was done about right.

A boiling pot of water was ready for a package of pad thai (rice) noodles which were simmered for the requisite 2-3 minutes and all was thrown together thereafter.

I am happy to say that wild meat which is sometimes critiqued for being tough or dry really turns out well when steeped for a few hours in it's own juices on very low heat.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.