I was reading some reviews of Nosler brass and one reviewer stated that his primer was so loose in this new brass that it resulted in a fire blow back and etched his bolt. Being about to reload my first rounds I am wondering what beyond common sense can be done to prevent such a mishap?

I do not plan to exceed published manual data loads.

I will go slightly over 270 SAAMI OACL of 3.340. I am reading an average of 3.381 touching the lands with a 140 Nosler BT.
My plan was to back .025 off to 3.356 and start with the minumum 54grs of H4831SC. I may then increase by .5 grains by groups of 5,not exceeding max. I likely won't get close to max this first time since I realize pressure can be higher with longer OACL. I will of coarse watch for signs of pressure.

I may also try different depths but would only start with the minimum. I also have some H4350 but would start at 49 grs.

Other than physically cleaning the pocket and checking as well as can be the primer,what can be done to prevent such a failure as I read about happening? I was under the impression that most of these things happened pushing the limits,or being careless by using over used brass or poor technique.

I plan to use the primer seater on my Forster Co-AX press,which I believe is excellent though slow. I will FL size once fired cases with a RCBS sizer and seat with a Forster BR seater. I have in excess of 500 once fired 270 factory brass that I have saved. I did not plan to trim or clean any this first reloading. They all went straight from the bolt back into the plastic sleeve to be stored.