I've finally gotten around to reloading for my 280Rem, a Ruger M77 MarkII. I've been running some Winchester Ballistic Silvertips in 140gr that I bought before I started handloading that are ridiculously accurate in my rifle. I started out with 140gr NBTs and IMR4831. I ran the factory loads over a chrono and I'm getting about 2860fps. My accuracy node - 5/8 inch - with the IMR4831 is 54gr at about 2830fps. I'm sure this will do fine and I plan to use it this season. I ran on up the ladder to almost 3100fps but accuracy was awful.

As I said, the 2830fps I'm getting will work fine but that's less than 25fps faster than my 7mm-08 and 140s. After this season is over I may play around with it some more using a different powder to try to get some more velocity before next season. Anyone care to share what they are using and the velocities?

I looked through the 280Rem thread under the Campfire loads sticky but there weren't many velocities listed.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.