Over the years I have had both. Always wanted an Artillery Luger...May get one some day.

Luger triggers take some getting used to, and the recoil impulse is a bit weird. That action moves FAST! But they shoot VERY straight, and I think they're fun.

Broomhandles. I'll say this about them...they're damn reliable! WAY back in the '80's when I worked for a surplus importer we imported a couple of crates full of Broomhandles; probably about 3,000 pistols. They were anywhere from nearly new, but beat to crap. So we took a mechanically sound Broomhandle, and did our own version of a "torture" test against a WWII 1911, and it beat the crap out of the 1911 for reliability. And it's not like it was a crappy 1911 either...the 1911 did very well, but the Broomhandle did exceptionally well. Dirt, mud, and water is what we tested them against. It was finally trigger reset that took it out of action. I was pretty impressed. They are also very accurate pistols and I personally think they're fun to shoot. Always draw a crowd, that's for sure.