There has been some talk the last year or so on the Howa Mini actions, especially in 6.5 Grendel. I didn't really pay attention to them because really the only time I had messed with 6.5G was nearly a decade ago when it was brand new. Fast forward to a month ago and finding out that Factory loaded Hornady Match ammo is readily available for $20-25 a box, and Whittaker's have a sale on the Howa Mini I ordered one in a sleep deprived stupor.

Anyways, it arrived.

SWFA SS 3-9x42mm
Burris XTR Pic bases
Seekins Low 30mm rings

After I did the usual setup- 7lbs 4.9oz.

[Linked Image]

Two stage trigger is pretty good, Houge style stock is out of control for the little gun, and while the mag system is kind of chintzy it worked. Went to the range to make sure it shot and even with the stock touching the barrel on the left hand side, it still shot solid with 10 rounds of Hornady Black 123gr ELD-M-

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Two things were immeadiay apparent... the stock needed som serious work and the mag latch needed shortening. Remembered that Mtnboomer on here did some stock work before, so contacted him and got it sent off.

Took a knife to the mag release lever as just holding the gun would drop the mag.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A couple of cuts later and we're golden-
[Linked Image]

Now it takes a positive effort to release the mag.