In fact, my old firing pin was worn at the shoulder of the safety recess and the side of the firing pin tip was worn at one side where it passes through the firing pin hole in the bolt face. I noticed that my firing pin strikes were nearly dead center now where they were a little off center from the worn firing pin. I guess I just got used to the slow change over time. Still, if I can find another firing pin I'd swap it out because I want it the way it should be.

I've got a push-feed Winchester "Stealth" Model 70. The firing pin tip wasn't supported in the bolt head when the firing pin was in the cocked position so the tip wasn't aligned with the firing pin hole of the bolt head. When the trigger was pulled the pin would slam into the hole offset causing it to scrape the tip as it aligned itself to the hole. Some people feel this affects the consistency of the pin strike. Being anal, I bored out the bolt head and installed a longer bushing that supported the firing pin tip when the pin was in the cocked position. The pin tip had to be modified by pushing the shoulder back aprox 1/8".

I believe Tubb still makes a Speed Lock firing pin for the SA 70 push feed. Not sure if it has the notch for the screw, It's a little cheaper than what you paid for your replacement pin.