Guys,
Who are the known, established AR builders that will build from a stripped lower "anything" you want on it? Meaning, you supply the receiver then get to select the parts, colors, dip schemes, cartridges, etc. On the basic level, I get it, most smiths and even non-smiths can put together an AR but I am not looking for just a "guy" or random gun shop. On the other side, I have looked at the higher end shops like Wilson, Noveske, and LaRue to name a few. They are great but don't seem to build on your receiver but rather from their custom item.

I am helping a buddy who has a receiver from a gun he does like anymore and wants to turn it into an "awesome looking deer hunting AR" but doesn't know where to go. Sure, he could buy a high end custom from the big shops but he already has some of those and wants to recycle his current gun into something new instead of selling it off or having it become another safe queen. He wants to have a hand in the build choosing the parts but doesnt want to have to buy an upper from one company, stock from someone else, then have to send it all off for coating or a dip job. If this was a bolt gun, I would steer him towards Robert Gradous, Jon Beanland, or Karl Feldcamp if you get my point. Who would you steer him towards for a hunting AR to get something special done on his receiver?

Thanks,

John