Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Originally Posted by RickBin
I finally gave up on a new Benelli Cordoba (M2) and went back to my old Belgium Auto-5. The latter is unquestionably the most reliable shotgun on the planet. grin

I'm not the Benelli expert but think the Cordoba is more similar to the SBE than an M2 in regards to its design. What trouble did you have?

Cycling issues. Tried everything. Got to the point where I was disassembling the buttstock and cleaning the recoil spring and tube after every shoot. Refuse to buy an aftermarket kit to address a purportedly "high volume" dove gun having cycling issues after 150 rounds - especially when said high-volume gun cost me upwards of $1900.

I may have gotten a dud ... but I'm done trying to make my Cordoba a dove gun. Figure that one out. crazy

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine