I recently purchased a used 600 in .308 for a "project" this winter. The price was right; it was pretty much original except for missing the rear sight and being "cut" at normal LOP for a ventilated pad (which it probably needs!)

I found a rear sight, minus the "correct" screws, for a very reasonable price AND found a synthetic stock (??? Brown vs MPI) as well! The synthetic stock makes this a pretty slick, fast handling, light-weight carbine. I am actually kind of excited!!!

Here is the question. The "synthetic" is set up for a 700 ADL trigger guard in contrast to the "factory" nylon set up for the wood stock. Easy enough, but the factory 600 rear trigger guard screw is quite a bit smaller in diameter than a 700 ADL rear screw (both in diameter of the shank as well as the head size). One option is re-drilling and tapping the rear of the 600 action to accommodate a larger 700 rear trigger guard screw versus having a machinist make me a little washer "adaptor" to "fit" the smaller 600 rear action screw to the 700 ADL trigger guard hole. The one benefit of the latter would be that I could still use both stocks if I wanted to. Another option would be if they made an "undrilled" ADL trigger guard that I could drill to fit the factory 600 rear screw... don't even know if this option exists.

Hope this makes sense. Any "Campfire wisdom" or other recommendations would be appreciated!!!

Thanks! Todd