I have a thread asking this question on the Hunting Optics sub forum, but I'm not getting a lot of response there. I hope it is alright to cross post to here. I am picking a Winchester 70 Classic stainless featherweight in a McMillan featherweight stock in 270. Trying to figure out what to scope it with.

Will be using the rifle out of the truck some with most use being walking and stalking pigs late evening on the ranch. So I want a relatively light scope with good low light performance. Also needs to be durable because while it won't be abused, it could see some rough handling.

The scopes I am considering are the Leica ERI 2.5-10x42, Swaro Z3 3-9, or maybe the VX5 2-10. Was hoping for some opinions on those. Particularly interested in hearing thoughts on how the VX-5 stacks up against the others as it is hard to find much info on it. Also, the other thread had someone mention the Meopta fixed 6x42 as an option and that is an interesting one. Though I don't know how well it stacks up against the other more known quantity brands.

Appreciate the opinions of everybody offered up and curious if there are any other options I'm missing that I should consider. Would like to keep this below $1,000. Thanks for the help.