This 1951 Savage has a Boss code of C.
The widow told me the whole story upon return a 2nd time to Spokane to continue to sort out Norm's stuff. (Norm was a family friend and Godfather to me) He was a real pack rat so we cleaned up the garage and did some yard work for her.

The widow told me they spotted it 3 years ago in a gun show in Idaho, just across the border from Spokane. Mrs M really wanted it but Norm talked her out of it saying the seller was asking too much.
That was Saturday. On Sunday, Mrs M made Norm drive back to the gunshow and buy it, she really thought it was unique and not often seen. I think she made a wise investment choice!

She still has the reciept in the gun case, $2995.00.
I'm on the "first to buy" list if she ever decides to sell it, which I don't think she will but ya never know.

You guys ever seen this set up before? That Savage logo on the case is made out of metal presumably brass or painted tin. The lettering above and below the logo is missing.

It has 4 barrels. 22HP, .250, 300 and 410 gauge. The 22HP looked as though someone had fiberglassed over the rear dovetail. Weird!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sportsdad60; 10/16/17.