I'm trying to put together an elk rifle in .338 WM. I do all of my own reloading. I have owned one .300 WM which I couldn't get to shoot worth a crap so I got rid of it. I currently have a Sako .300 wsm that does a heck job shooting 200 grain bullets but this gun is to pretty and to heavy to take in the hills. I want something light in the big hills but something heavy enough to control kick on the .338 wm. I don't want a muzzle break as they hurt my ears and people at the range don't like em.

I want something in 70 degree bolt turn or less with a 23" or 24" barrel. I'm thinking of a gun that weighs about 7lbs + Scope + Shells when loaded I'm guessing that would get me to about 8 pounds. I'm only guessing that this would be a good weight but need opinions on this????

I could get a Sako Finnlight in .300 wsm but this gun weighs 6lbs 6oz's and I'm thinking this is a little little light for 200 grain bullets. Also I leaning toward .338 wm as I may do an Alaska moose / Bear Hunt in the future.

I can order a Sako Synthetic Stainless which weighs 7lbs and has a 24" inch barrel. It has to be ordered factory direct as Sako doesn't sell this gun in the U.S. so might take a while to get here if I order it.

What are your experienced opinions on this setup for big hills and big caliber???

Thanks

Adams