Originally Posted by coyote268
OK, after mulling over the cost of having PS installed on my 06 660 Rhino I took the plunge. At 80 and with bad shoulders I figured what ta heck, its only money. Got the kit ($599) and had a good mechanic friend put it in. Wow!, what a difference. You can steer it with your little finger. The money spent took the place of a 243 I was looking at but it was monies well spent. My Daughter Sandi will also love it as she does most of the driving when we are Turkey hunting.

Best argument yet for it. I'd love it if my old quad was more comfortable to drive, but don't want to sacrifice 4 wheeling ability to get it. All the newer machines seem bigger, higher, heavier, and more expensive than I want. Although they float like a friggen caddy compared to my old Honda. But the old Honda really goes in the rough stuff, has a very low center of gravity, starts in any weather, runs cheap, never breaks down, does not have a low range and a bunch of levers to mess with, just point and go. Everybody seems to be building the next biggest, baddest machine, when sometimes smaller is more capable. I've hauled an entire quartered 5 point bull, two guys, and all gear out of a canyon on a Honda 300 4x4, so it's hard to ask for better bang for the buck. And hearing about machines not running or starting scares the crap out of me the places I go. I have a pull start backup and manual transmission so it can even roll start if the battery dies. Can't do that with all the electronic crap they load the machines down with now.

But power steering and IFS would be nice.

LOL