Good day Dwayne,

I bought a case of the Score slugs from Wholesale last year when they had them on sale and were offering free shipping. I find them to be fairly accurate at smooth-bore ranges and while I would not use them for protection from grizzly bears they should be adequate for most of my requirements. We live in a sparsely populated community - about 350 people spread over 100 square kilometers - and while shooting is permitted I hesitate to use a rifle and the reduced ultimate range of slugs is perfect.

The little mulie was a gift. LoL I am in my second week of holidays and spent all last week putting up firewood. On Monday I decided to take a break and headed down to the river to spend some quiet time watching the sun set over the mountains. As I walked into my favorite spot I saw a deer feeding up towards me. As I sat down and started to pour a cup of coffee he jumped and ran towards me. When he quite bouncing about 200 yards out he turned sideways and presented a perfect presentation. I loaded my .270 and sent a bullet his way before I took my first sip of coffee. LoL

Originally Posted by Penobscot_99
Kind of cutting it close at 10feet !
What was your back up plan ?
Over/Under ? Double-barrel? Pump? Slide-fire? 😁

A backup plan wasn't considered as I had assumed he would run back into the bush behind our place once I yelled at him. I was carrying a short-barreled Remington 870 as there are a couple of other black bears in the area - a sow with last springs cubs, and a very large red-phase boar that I am concerned about.

[Linked Image]