Fellas, I was shooting my Ruger old model flat top with a 6 1/2" barrel. The load is one I've taken a few deer with over the years but only one other one with this bullet, usually I've used the 250 gr Keith solid. This one is the Miha 245 gr "Penta" HP, its an octagon style HP that's a bit different if you haven't seen them, they open faster than most round type hollow points which surprised me with the penetration & also the softness of the alloy. Of course it doesn't make much sense to use a HP that's hard. I powder coat all my bullets using Harbor Freight Red paint & that allows me to drive a soft bullet faster than normal without using a gas check. I've been using them for a couple of years now. I took a deer & an antelope last month down in Utah with my Ruger 357 Maxium using them. The deer was 90 yds & the antelope was 122 yds.
How this bullet got through that big shoulder bone & back to the rear hind quarter is still a bit of a mystery to me because it went through one lung, the intestines & then back to the quarter, I didn't expect that. I'll be hunting a cow elk next week with my Ruger 480 using a 387 gr. HP that's powder coated, this bullet has taken a lot of game including my bullet moose, a buddies bull moose & another buddy shot a bison with it, all one shot with complete penetration. Good hunting to all of you!

Dick