Interesting question! I do have a Blaser and I recently mounted a reail-eqiuped scope (Zeiss 3-12X56) on it. I have not test-fired this rifle+scope combination at the range yet but I have tested the zero optically using a bore-sighter (It is a device mounted at the muzzle and when you look throgh the scope you see a virtual grid whose center is aligned with rifle barrel).

The rail mount on my Blaser R8 looks fantastic. laugh It is much more pleasing to the eye than the traditional ring system. It was very easy to mount the scope and you get a lot of room to position the scope forward or backwards to suit your natural head position on the stock. The zero was also near perfect once the scope was mounted (elevation and windage dials are both centered). Of course, a few clicks will be needed to adjust the point of aim once I actually shoot the rifle but as far as mechanical alignment goes, the scope is parallel with barrel. Now, there are several rail-mount systems which you should make your self familiar with before going with such a system:

There is the classic European rail mount which is in the form of a solid dove-tail attached underneath the scope. This system requires drilling a hole and installing a pin once you decide the correct position of the scope on the base. Then there is the Zeiss system which is the de-facto standard of rail mounts and used by some other companies (e.g. Docter Optics) too. This system has the advantage that it does not require drilling or installation of a pin. Swarovski and Schmidt and Bender have their own (copy of Zeiss) rail mount systems with slight modifications. Make sure you know clearly what system your scope is using before you order one. Schmidt and Bender makes scopes with both classic mounts and their own model (called convex) so it is important that you know which one it is.

The rail system is superior to the ring system from virtually every mechanical aspect. There might be some cases that you might not be able to get a rail mounted scope low enough if you use EAW or similar bases but this is not the case on a Blaser which comes with a dedicated rail base.

Now, I do want discuss the pros and cons of the Blaser rifle itself but that's a separate topic so I just mentioned my experience with the rail mount. If members are interested, we can talk about the rifle too... cool

Cheers
-Omid

PS. An example of classic European rail mount (requires pins) on my Sauer 80 built in 1976:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Omid; 10/18/17.