Originally Posted by fremont
Who would you recommend? I know of a couple, like Atcheson and Manasse, but am curious what people would say for a plains game hunt. No real specific requirements. First-timer. Want relatively low hassle, nice(r) accommodations, etc.

If you want low hassle and nice accommodations. Look here:

http://www.magicsafarilodges.com/

I stayed at Kalahari Rangers in RSA. Nice accommodations, 24k continuous acres, plus he has access to 2 of his next door neighbors properties for another 100k+ acres. It's in the Northern Cape and as remote as you can get. One fence is the RSA/Botswana border. The border crossing is on the property. You fly into Sishen and a 2 hour drive from there. Everything once you land at Sishen everything is handled for you. Don't expect to get a packaged deal here it's daily fee plus the animals you want. Two prices on trophy fees: (1) trophy - SCI bronze and above on his 24k acres property, and (2) non-trophy. It is usually only one hunting party at a time, sometimes two. If you use their guns, you will hunt with a Blaser topped with a Leica Magnus scope. I found the trophy fees very reasonable and it's a NOT put and take operation every animal you hunt was born there. There were no feeders that I saw, except at the horse and donkey stable, there were artificial water holes.

Last edited by wesheltonj; 10/19/17.