A bit about me and this old gun ,when I was 17 , I think, now 78. I bought it, is was drilled and taped, cross ways , not in line , 2 holes in the front , 2 holes in the rear. I started working a year later , making some money , I had a local Gunsmith drill and tap and mount a Baush & Loumb belfor 8 - 2.5x8 scope mount put on it.
Had a hard time getting it to shoot , mostly due to lack of knowledge , and funds. No one to really teach me how to load. I shot the H-P for a few years with success. However, The B/L Scope , would flake off inside , leaving specks on the lens. I am not sure how many times I returned it to BL to clean. I removed the scope and put it away.

Fast forward , 50 + years . Over the years, I ran down some good Dies, 4 sets in all . I recently dug OUT my old Buddy, and some Brass , as most of my old loads had surscumb , to age , LIKE ME and the NECKS SPLIT. I have for the past month , been working Brass , with the same zeal as I put into ,when building my Long Range Palma loads (800,900,1000) for my BRITISH RPA 2000 PALMA RIFLE. WHICH ,THE Shot Record Book STATED WELL OVER 20,000 rounds down Range. Most with IRON SIGHT.

I have over the years aquired a few , very nice scopes, I wanted to mount one on Old buddy, ( ONE THAT I COULD TAKE OFF AND ON) to shoot a deer . I was hoping some one , out there had tried to mount a good Pecatenny Rail on one , or knows of a GOOD SMITH. THAT WOULD DO THE WORK FOR ME.

THE GOOD OLD GUN SMITHS I HAVE KNOW, ARE ALMOST GONE. SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY INFO TO HELP ME PLEASE PASS IT ON TO ME. Thank you all, WEST KEYSER

Last edited by Westkeyser; 10/19/17.