A good friend ( #1) of mine called about 2:30 this afternoon and said come quick to another friends (#2) house. #1's tractor was on fire. I grabbed a small fire extinguisher and a couple of 5 gallon buckets and headed about 4 miles down the road. When I got there, the tractor was a full ablaze and #1 was just trying to keep the fire from getting into the woods and/or burning #2's tractor and/or house. #1 had called the fire dept. but it took them about 20 min. to get there (rural dept). The fire got into the woods, but only burned about an acre and it was just leaves and a little underbrush, no trees. We managed to keep it beat back from the tractor and house and I guess all total it burned about 2.5-3 acres. Burned about 10 rolls of hay, too.

#2's tractor wouldn't start, so #1 drove over on his tractor and was making a few passes around the house. Just cut about 100' on each side and the back of #2's yard. The house sits in a field that is usually cut for hay, but wasn't cut this year. He said he looked back at the bush hog and when he turned back to the front, the tractor was ablaze around the diesel tank. The tank sets just in front of the steering wheel, under the hood. Tractor was a total loss. Bush hog will probably be ok and it had a front end loader on it, maybe it can be salvaged. I just dont know.

If I remember, the tractor was a 460 Long.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21