Originally Posted by bwinters
I'm starting my gear buying after everything got stolen - looking to maybe try a few things.

I've used the Meindl Perfeckt Hunter for the past 2-3 years. I like them alot. The only thing I'd like to see is a bigger toe rand. Which brings me to the Perfekt Extreme. Anyone tried both? Thoughts?

My concern is with the stiffness of boots. I find my feet don't do well with a stiff, mountaineering style boot. I'm not not sure about the 11" height (Hunter's are 10") but wouldn't automatically rule it out until I tried them.

I've also looked at the Crispi Hunter, Guide, Wild Rock before. Never tried on the Crispi's mainly because I couldn't find anywhere within a 2-3 hour drive to do so. Thoughts?

Others to consider?

Thanks.

I still have three pairs of the Cabela's hikers that are from 12 years to 25 years old. These boots have Vibran soles, while the new one has another type of soles. Anyway, the soles are in real good shape, and the leather between the toe and the tongue have very thin horizontal cracks, but the boots are still water proof. During the Spring I brush mud and other stuff off, and coat them with Snow Seal. I usually wear a pair of these boots most of the year (spring, summer, Fall, and a few days when it's not very cold during the winter. I haven found any other boots that come even close in durability. I prefer boots that are wide at the toe since I can wear thick all season and winter socks, and don't like to have my toes cramped in inside. I wear size 8 shoes, so I buy the 8-EE size boots. If you can drive to the store and check these boots out, try the hikers too.

I understand that you are looking at a the 10" and 11" hunting boots, so I can't help you with that. However, the Hikers are quite comfortable and don't need breaking in:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/foot...perfekt-trade-hikers/748580.uts?slotId=1

Last edited by Ray; 10/21/17.