Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I get the spinning circle to tell me that something is loading or processing. It normally disappears shortly. Have you tried a different browser, Chrome, Edge, or IE, to see if's doing it there?

This is exactly right. This is another process issue masquerading as a mouse problem. I am 99% confident it has nothing to do with the mouse. It is related to whatever your mouse is hovering over when it happens. If it is hovering over the browser at the time, but the spinning wheel goes away when you hover the mouse over, let's say, the blank desktop or the start menu or taskbar, it's related to the browser process.

If that's the case, it could be a complicated thing to trouble shoot. The browser could be corrupt and need to be reinstalled. You already cleared your cookies. Hopefully, you are not using Internet Explorer, as it sucks. But if you are using a 3rd party browser like Chrome or Firefox, I would back up you favorites/bookmarks, uninstall the browser and reinstall it. If that doesn't work, I would update anything that is considered a browser plug in, such as java, flash, ad blocker etc.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE