Originally Posted by GuideGun
I'd be weary of a BOA system for a boot that's going to be used for backpack fishing. The last thing you'd want is one of those cables to break while fishing back in the woods. I'd go with a regular laced set up and get a pair of Kevlar laces off Amazon to have in your fishing pack as backup. I know a lot of people that like the BOA. But, I also know people have had them break at unfortunate times too and been rendered inoperable.

And what is the difference between carrying a BOA lace replacement and the Kevlar? Or, more to the point, any lacing you want instead of OEM? Plain thin lacing works just fine in an emergency...

I just went to the Simms G3 boot with plain laces but miss the BOAs in many ways.

Word has it the G3 is going to be completely redone this year and the G# will be on sale at your LFS... It is simply the most popular high-end wading boot in history. And my feet even find it amazing, though they are far from average...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.