Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by lynntelk
Originally Posted by fgold767
Made in 2004

Kind of blows the "made in Portugal" crowd out of the water.

I'd take that classic, even with a bad chamber, WAY before I would buy a Portugese model 70.. Just sayin...
Ditto...

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
You really can't blame the current Winchester for not wanting to back previously manufactured rifles.
If you just took over a company, would want to be in the hook for all the guns built over the last 150 years.
They probably have to back everything for a certain time, unfortunately for the OP, his ran out.
I have been told, automakers have to parts support their products for a certain time.

They should back it up or change their fu cking name.... Something like Portuguese Arms or something....
Well, it isn't really Winchester - it's Browning Arms Co. that owns it now.. Not sure I'd blame them for not standing behind something they had nothing to do with back in those years.. (ala Dillonbuck said)

Originally Posted by Sheister
Sure sounds like a chamber that is cut out of spec. A go/no guage set should indicate if this chamber is cut properly in short order. In any case, it sounds like a couple thousandth's deeper cut with the finish reamer and a little polishing should take care of it. IMO

Of course, this advice is worth exactly what you paid for it. smile

Bob
Yep - could be that... FWIW, it can also be ammo that's out of spec.. I've run into THAT a few times..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!