Well, I just went to order yet another Leupold FX-II 4x33 riflescope for a new Contender barrel I just had picked up. Low and behold, I can't find one anywhere. Every site either lists them as discontinued, or now only offers the matte finished variety. Go figure. I swear every time I like something, it's discontinued the following day. They aren't being listed on the Leupold website as discontinued yet (model #58530,) but I'm sure they will be soon. Besides, I'm not paying full retail either.

Leupold seemed to be the only scope manufacturer who still made a simple, GLOSS, 4x riflescope without 1000 yard range compensating illuminated reticles, laser range finders, target turrets, and external focus adjustments. I just wanted a gloss, fixed power riflescope to match the finish of my gloss barrel, but apparently I'm just too old fashioned. I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country.

Last edited by J23; 10/23/17.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."