At the price you can get one for, they are a steal. I am so tempted to buy another one, and I need one like I need a hole in the head. I've been singing the praises of the Predator model ever since I bought one right after they came on the market. I've yet to see one that wasn't a good shooter. I know the gripe about the Predator chambered in 223 is the ROT. BUT......the Predator was designed as a rifle to be used in what was becoming the newest fad, calling coyotes. The 1-12 ROT will easily stabilize the bullets that most coyote hunters use, that being bullets in the 50-55 grain range. You don't need a heavier bullet than that in a 223 to kill stuff, and perhaps that was what Remington was thinking.

My original 223 Predator likes the 50 grain Vmax, and I've killed a bunch of coyotes with it. I tried shooting a 77 grain bullet it, and the results were not good. Anyway, if I feel the need for a bullet in that weight range, I'll go with a 243, and push that bullet a LOT faster and flatter than I ever could with a 223. But, for those that feel the need, a Predator in 1-9 ROT would be nice.