Originally Posted by rost495
Shot placement kills.

Very true. Watched a hunter shoot a big grizzly this past season with a bow. The bear was an old boar, very skinny, worn teeth, all the toes on one foot were gone and he only had one ear. The other presumably chewed off in a fight at some point in his life. Anyway the bear was walking along a river bank and a guide friend of mine hid next to a bush with his hunter in an ambush attempt. The bear spotted them at about 80 yards but kept coming. He was popping his teeth the whole way in after that....a bad bear no doubt. At 22 yards my guide friend figured that was close enough, so he stood up with his rifle at the ready. The bear lifted his head slightly and the hunter slipped an arrow through his chest. The old boar turned and went 4 yards before piling up. He was dead before the hunter recovered from his shot.The hunters wife filmed the whole thing and it is by far the best hunting footage I have ever seen. The point to the story is that the arrow killed the bear as quickly as any rifle would have, only because the arrow was placed perfectly. Im not advocating using archery equipment to stop charging bears, but accuracy is still the most important thing when it comes to killing big game.