My guess and only a guess: S&W was looking to make a accurate or more accurate rifle because T/C had a great reputation in that area. If things have slipped, its a shame. I did not see that or hear any thing until now. Not to say it aint so, just more bad news. Then any new product or big plant move might have some issues. Lets hope that is all it is.

I handled an Encore pistol recently and it looked fine to me. The grips felt hard and uncomfortable, compared to the old Pachmeyer on my Contender. I dont know if mine are factory or added later. The old TC wood grips were the worst ever. Grips are a typical upgrade anyways. The metal work looks right. Cheap matt finish, So everyone has gone that route.

The barrel & caliber selection seems much more limited. Now we have encore and contender, that dilutes the offerings. Might have been better to just drop the contender. I like the contender, so that would just be anther complaint for me. TC was all over any new fad caliber, not to mention ideas of thier own. Where are the 6.5's and 450BM or 300BO 45/70. Do they even a 500 pistol version? Which frame would get the small stuff? I might want a 223 or one of the Hornets and already have an encore or a contender. There is no 44 mag or 410 in the encore. Where is the versatility if all you have is 243 and 308 as reasonable choices in an encore.