Well that's true. Extras always cost more but it would cost more on any barrel from any maker.

absolutely true. I was just thinking that makes the older used barrel from TC that have sights look more attractive than buying a custom. In my limited experience MGM seems very fair and certainly a good tip to share with the forum.

have seen a bit of .22 mags as a conversion from .22 rf that have been re-chambered. i'm not sure that's the best answer, but they seem to work.

A concern I have is the 22LR is supposed to be .222 bore. The 22mag is a 224 bore. I dont know how guns like the convertible single six deal with that. It may well be 0.002 is not a big deal, it certainly not optimum. In fact maybe 002 is within spec. If so, then a rim fire could be .220. Basically the tolerances could stack up for or against you. I even wonder if the pilot a standard 22mag reamer will fit a LR bore. I might be tempted to try it at home. Tempted, but leary that it rat holes money in another failed DIY project.