I've had several Jeeps. Current one is a '64 CJ5. I am the second owner and I paid $3,500 for it. Way cheaper than the new side by sides. But, it is slower, and the ride is WAY rougher. Just gotta go slow and it will get you out of anything you can get into. I had to rebuild my carb in elk camp this year (keep a spare rebuild kit in the tool box) because the dang ethanol gas ate up the carb. But, other than that, I haven't had any issues with this one.

I've got a Honda Pioneer and a John Deere SxS at work, and I really like them. But, I'm not going to get rid of my old Jeep any time soon. But, that's mainly because I'm too cheap to pay the kind of money that the new SxS's are going for.

I changed the wipers from vacuum to electric, put on new alternator and a hi-torque starter. A place called Kaiserwillys.com has pretty much all of the parts you might need for one.

[Linked Image]

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan