Originally Posted by Valsdad
Blackheart,

your's don't?

I sometimes wonder when I go to the Doctors' office in the rural areas I choose to live I get seen mostly by PA's and NPs? Is it because of the high cost of medical school that doctors nowadays choose to live in more gentrified areas where they can make more money so they don't have to live in single wides and drive beat up old jalopies?

I'm guessing the business office of the medical group still gets the same amount for the service as coded that they would have if I had been seen by a MD. So collect the same but you get to pay the PA less ?

And why can a p**s ant place like Karachi Pakistan have a hospital with Free imaging that costs over $4K here?

Geno
I usually see a NP when I go to a regular {primary care} appt. here too. My primary care Dr. is often on vacation. The virgin Islands and Grand Canyon this past year alone that I know of because she told me. I dated an RN that worked at a local, small town hospital between wife #1 and wife #2. That was 10 years ago now and she was making 50K a year back then. In contrast my brother has been a high school history teacher here for 20 years and makes 55K presently. The folks working in the medical field are doing OK financially.

Last edited by Blackheart; 11/11/17.