Are there any gun magazines or books-other than the standard reloading manuals-that publish reloading data, including “pet loads” for specific cartridges, and also the factory ammo ballistics tables for the older rifle cartridges starting with the .270 and ending with the.375H&H?

I subscribe to gun magazines, and after reading though a couple of issues I find them extremely boring because the cartridges I am interned on are those calibers mentioned above, specifically the .338WM. For example, I just received the last issue of Handloader, but there was not a single article nor reloading data that I was interested on, and the magazine has been getting quite thin lately.

I see all these gun magazines, not necessarily Handloader, publishing articles about supposedly “new” cartridges, which by the way aren’t really new since the same caliber-size bullets are being used. Take for example all the posts I see in these forums abut the various “new” 6.5 calibers. What is so new other than the case dimension change and the designer’s name? The end result is just a bullet coming out the barrel a little faster or slower, depending on the case design, but nothing else. I wonder why has the cartridge’s name become more important than the bullet?

Just wondering…

Last edited by Ray; 11/11/17.