As a Freshman, I helped most of the guys on the football team pass Geometry... I was always pretty good in math...

Our High School, was too big and short on teachers in math... so I never got to take Calc or Trig..

you were assigned by lottery... and it seemed everyone who wanted to take it, didn't get picked for it..
and everyone who wanted to avoid it like the plague, ended up getting assigned to it via the lottery..
and they wouldn't allow us to trade spots...

This was Fairfax County VA, right next to Arlington County.

So instead I took 6 levels of Algebra.. Level 3 and 4 during my junior year..
and level 5 and 6 my Senior Year.,...

it was the advanced math group I was assigned to... our Teacher was Col. Lundberg
a retired Army Colonel.. WW 2 and Korean War Vet along with the very early years
of Vietnam....like 58 to 62. Was a Green Beret over there...

When Col Lundberg came to our High School, he had just retired from the Army...
His last assignment for the last 6 or 7 years of his career was teaching Math at West Point.
and had been in the Army just a hair over 30 years...

He was from Minnesota, but his daughter lived in Fairfax County, her husband in the military
and stationed at the Pentagon...

A real active guy, he didn't feel like retiring.. so he got a high school teaching job...

Guy had no patience for the hippie types, but we had a lot of military kids in our school..
so that was the students he liked to teach...he could take complicated subjects and make
them pretty easy to understand...was a wonderful and outstanding teacher...

and pretty well respected...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez