Just got home and starting the process of recuperating. Our group of 7 included my 5th grader Grandson and his buddy. We hunted Saturday from just light enough to see what color the birds were to near dark in a light drizzle. Cover was short and so were the birds. We hunted only Walk in areas, no private. There were enough hunters in the area that we were essentially trading fields. As you were loading up, leaving a field someone else was starting in on it. We ended the day with 9 roosters and 4 quail and the boys did their share of dropping birds. We won't talk about one spectacular miss from Grandpa. Yeah, off a point.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Cheesy and I stayed over to hunt a few hours this morning. The drizzle had stopped, but the cover was still pretty wet to wade through. Had a good time working his 7 month old German Shorthair pup, I think the light has turned on for this BOLD going pup. He held a point on a good covey of quail and a few singles. Pointed a rooster in some thin cover but the rooster didn't cooperate. We ended up with 2 roosters and a couple quail. Grandpa went 2 for 2 on the roosters, maybe it was because the dogs were on the other side and there were no points on either one.
[Linked Image]
16 ga. Dickinson SxS and late 40's Ithaca M37