I just built a 30x45 10' side walls pole barn with metal siding and roof. It was pretty much me and my 10 year old son for the siding

I used a circular saw with the metal cutting blades. The kind that wear down like sand paper almost. They were $3-4each. Worked really well. I have a Stihl hardhat deal with a mask and ear protection and I wore that plus safety glasses while cutting. And long sleeves and gloves. Lots of sparks and noise but it worked well.

The biggest pain for me putting up the siding by myself was running a chalk line to keep the screws in a straight line. But with my son it was a piece of cake. I just flat quit a couple times when the wind came up.

We got a system down pretty well though and I'd get everything where it would be in reach once the tin was in place, level, chalk, ladder. I used a simple tool belt and that was really nice. Once everything was strategically placed I'd go get the tin. The tallest of mine were probably close to 14' no breeze is the key. My son could easily help with the line and holding even a pretty tall piece in place while i made sure it was square. Then even with a couple screws in mine stayed pretty good. until I got them all in.

I did not pre drill any of mine. Might be a good idea, but I doubt I would given how easy mine was without pre drilling. I did have bottom trim on mine so my side metal had a nice level surface to stand on. A nice drill or impact driver really made it nice. I actually preferred my drill because i could set the torque to set the screw just right without smashing the seal too much.

I'm not a builder by any stretch and once I got going it went pretty smoothly. Barn is still standing anyway. laugh

Last edited by Ralphie; 11/13/17.