Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I've had good luck with my $100 Bushnells. They've even been swatted around by bears a few times. Just remember to take the batteries out in the off season.

This. The batteries will corrode and have to clean all the contacts.

Originally Posted by readonly
I've got a couple of coverts...they are easy on the batteries, take sharp photos, and relatively cheap. That's the good. The bad: will take pics of blowing grass all day, both of the ones I have are warranty replacements. I bought 3 about 4 years ago. Now I have 2, and there both replacements. If I recall the originals all failed in driving rain.

I also have a Reconyx. I've had it for 6 years and no sign of slowing down. Only complaint is sometimes I get azz end pics of deer that are moving through, which shouldn't happen on a $600 camera. It also burns through the batteries faster than I'd like. But, very durable. If I had to pic between covert and reconyx I would definitely go with Reconyx.

I tried the coverts several years ago. Got them on sale at a sports/ hunting show.

Would take pics to the batteries ran down. Check it and would have 10k+ pics of grass blowing in the wind....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz