I'm hoping for some constructive ideas on using the SWFA 6x on a muzzle loader for hunting. I'm out west (Utah) and can use magnified scopes on muzzle loaders for hunting. Shot can range from about 50-300 yards on most my muzzle loader deer hunts. My Encore currently has a Nikon inline scope with BDC and I like it but think I would rather dial turrets than use the BDC because the dots change point of impact with change of power and that fact nearly cost me the buck of a lifetime this year as I forgot I had turned the power down as light faded when I was in the heat of the moment of a giant deer. The story has a happy ending as I turned the buck up again 2 days latter and now have my first 200" buck. I like the idea of dialing turrets as I do have a long range rig for targets but don't love the reticles on any scope I see that is reliable with exposed turrets. I'm also trying to keep the scope in the $400 or less range as I spend most of my disposable income on a fly fishing addiction. What I really wish is that someone made a 2-7 or a 3-9 scope with exposed turrets and standard duplex reticle. Thoughts?

Everyone is pretty on the internet!