Originally Posted by south_ridge
The 77PLs were some sort of distributor exclusive. I'm not a Ruger expert but I do have a few and ended up in this discussion on the Ruger forum a few years back:

http://rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215243

This led to a subsequent discussion with the publisher of the Reference of Ruger Firearms.

If you have any Ruger-specific questions I recommend posting them on that site. There are some good guys over there.

South Ridge-thanks for that. I had actually read that thread by doing an archive search on that site a couple of weeks ago. I then posted about the rifle on there. There was a little going back and forth and there was not a consensus on the matter. Your father was the one with the hollowbolt, correct? Were you able to restore it? If so, could you post a pic of it on here. I have only seen one in my lifetime and have never forgotten it, it was in a 25/06 at a gun show. A hollowbolt, an 77RSI, and a 77PL are on my bucket list.

Forgot to add, I agree; there are some great guys on that site who know their stuff. I have even seen a couple of guys from here on there. Thanks to all who have replied.

Last edited by Ruger77Shooter; 11/17/17.