Paying off a diesel and having it still have tons of life left at 200,000 miles is nothing to sneeze at the way truck prices are escalating.

Also, just went quail hunting today and spent some time on some sporty, semi-washed out mountain trails, where the torque of a diesel ROCKS. Drive it like a tractor at a steady 1500 RPMs and nothing fazes it.

I only tow occassionally, but I have zero regrets about splurging for a diesel in 2003 for a hunting truck. Almost guaranteed I would have had to replace a 2003 gasser by this time, with the way i use my hunting trucks. Instead, I have a LOT of truck left, all would indicate (oil analysis, etc.)

If you're going to swap it out every few years, I agree. Go gasser.

For me, buying a diesel hunting truck with the long view in mind was unquestionably the correct decision.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine