Originally Posted by pointer
After getting the deer taken care of we headed out for the evening sit. By this time Super K is running on excitement, PEEPS, trail mix, and Diet Moutain Dew. To say he’s full of energy would be an understatement. Sitting still and being quiet were not wholly in the cards. I think I called him Captain Fidget Pants more than once! Thank goodness for ground blinds. About 4:30 I glass up three does in the ROW out of range. He’s finally able to find them with the binos. They mill about feeding and make it 75yds downhill to our third food plot. Two move into the plot to feed. Super K asks if he can shoot one and I relate than he can, but it’s too far for the 357 and he’d have to use the “big” gun. He mulls it over a second and says, “I can use that gun!”. I swap guns on the rest and get it sorta lined up with the does. He gets behind the gun and takes a few seconds, but says he can see them. I direct him to the one farthest right and tell him to put the crosshairs right behind the shoulder. Then the STOP; When you’re ready; STOP routine starts as she feeds around. She hits an opening and stops, “When you’re ready”, then BANG! The two does head right and into the woods; one with its tail up and the other without it up. He’s stoked! I’m pretty sure of a hit, but always downplay it a bit so as to lessen the distance of a ‘fall’ if that ever happens. He wants to go get it right then, but we give it a couple of minutes. About then one doe runs out of the woods from the right and crosses the ROW. laugh I take that as a hint to go check for blood. We find blood and good blood! Follow it into the woods and then I “let him takeover” following the blood… laugh
[Linked Image]Untitled by Tyler Staggs, on Flickr

[Linked Image]DSCN2360 by Tyler Staggs, on Flickr

Perfect double lung shot at 151yds! Such a good weekend with Super K. With two boys it’s hard to always get each of them, especially the younger one, enough one on one time doing stuff like this. I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did, but I'm not sure that's possible.

Great stuff pointer, congrats on a great weekend! That last pic says it all. Too bad you couldn't get Hank involved with the recoveries. smile