Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Pretty much the same features I'm looking for -- light and handy. Must you count on getting wet in a low sitting position like that and how comfortable is that seat?

Light and handy is my criteria, also. I slide the kayak in and out of the bed of the pickup with ease. I fish a lot of lakes in Wisconsin, Boundary Waters and Canada that don't have boat landings.that require portaging.

I have found and many agree with me that you can get wet more readily with sit-on kayaks. The greatest source of water is the drip from the paddles, but I solve by installing splash guards. Another advantage of a sit-in kayak is the low profile thus less wind resistance which is critical when faced with blustery winds and choppy seas. Water spray skirts are available but I can only remember a couple times that I thought I needed one.

[Linked Image]

Perception kayaks have a very comfortable seat.called Zone DLX seats that have contoured back rests that adjust up/down, forward/backward. The seat bottom tilts up/down. The seat back is shown in a previous picture and shown in the kayak below.

I bought this Perception 11' Rhythm this summer on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods for my wife which has the Zone DLX seat and she never complained.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime