Thanks for the Info ENU,
It's nice to know what long time experienced # 1 collectors think. I'm sure it helps out the short time in-experienced # 1 collector like me. So I guess that most any of the # 1's that have less than 100 made are considered rare. Can you tell us where the number produced comes from. I've been told that Ruger will not release that kind of Info. I was never a believer in so called "made up" collectors items because there never seems to be any end to it, the ones I'm talking about are the commemoratives and the so called limited distributor specials.

It seems that this type of gun is only made so that some distributor can sell a 100 or 200 guns because they need some extra cash flow or what ever. To me these are not the true collectors Items, there nothing more than guns made up by some distributor just so they can sell more guns for that year. Some day I guess they may be worth while collector items but I don't think it will happen in my life time.

My take on the real collectors Items are more or less the factory cataloged # 1's that have been discontinued, like maybe the 6 MM PPC, or other # 1's that didn't sell very well and had to be discontinued because of poor sales or some other reason.

It sure would be handy if when buying a # 1 a collector could justify the price because both the buyer and seller knew that only 500 or so were made, but if Ruger does not release that Info, where does it come from ?.

I for one would like to buy a factory made 22 PPC and a 6 PPC, I haven't seen many for sale but I don't think that means much or that they are rare, there's lots of things I haven't seen, but again I don't think that means much. Can anyone help with how many were made of each for the two I'm looking for ?.
S/S