My 2 partners and I had cow tags in Idaho unit 48. The season goes through Nov 30. We've seen quite a few elk but the weather hasn't cooperated a bit. It stayed way too warm for too long and the elk hung up way up high in the black timber trying to stay cool. When winter hit, it hit literally overnight. The 1st storm dumped a foot. We went up Sunday for 4 days hoping to find the elk moving down finally. They had but it kept on snowing. It also melted a little then froze so the snow was badly crusted. Walking quietly was a joke, not to mention trying to climb a 45 degree hill in a foot of crusted snow. I put a stalk on a herd and they heard me coming from 1/2 mile away. By Monday afternoon, we got the impression that we'd darn well better get the camp trailer out of there before it became a fixture for the winter. In the last 2 days, it's snowed another 2 FEET and all the Nordic ski trails are now open. That makes for some rough elk hunting. I think the lady elk are safe from us for this season.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.