Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Although the idea of a single set of reloads working in both rifles is attractive, the likelihood of the headspace being identical -or at least close enough- in both chambers, is very low. I have several rifles chambered in the same cartridge, but the headspace is sufficiently different that I need to reload for each individually. The loads are the same but I keep the brass segregated and use it for each of the rifles individually. YMMV

Plus two different rifles in the same chambering might not be close as to the sweet spot to obtain optimum accuracy.Maybe close though.Only guess ,but I bet you could buy a new barrel and have it chambered for the cost of the rechambering since it is not a good match.

In today's paper, you can buy a whole new rifle cheaper.

Have you checked Gun Parts( Numrich Arms) for a .280 barrel. Screw one off,screw another on and check head space. I did that with an .06 a few years ago. Worked out darn good.

Buy your wife a new one and reclaim your old one.Bet she would be happy picking out a new rifle for herself instead of a hand me down.She might want one in a different chambering even.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles