Originally Posted by MT_DD_FAN
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
In my CZ 455, the Hornady 17gr VMAX ammo (at least the lot I have) produces the smallest groups although the Federal V-Shok 17gr HP is so close that it could be a toss-up. The CCI A-17 and the Win Varmint HV 17 gr Polytips were the least accurate with both producing 5 shots groups of ~1.0 to 1.5" at 60 meters. In my CZ 455, the A-17 ammo's velocity is only ~ 100 fps faster than the standard Hornady 17gr V-Max at 2706 fps vs. 2625 fps, respectively, and those are averages of many rounds measured with my Oehler chronograph.

But my 17 HM2 CZ 452 shooting Eley ammo loaded with 17gr VMax bullets is so much more accurate that it's my favorite, and I don't miss the extra 500 fps provided by the 17HMR. So, if someone wants a nice CZ455 in 17HMR just let me know.

What are you going to do when you run out of Eley 17HM2 ammo?

I won't live that long since I have several cases....

Originally Posted by 260Remguy
In my CZ 455, the Hornady 17gr VMAX ammo (at least the lot I have) produces the smallest groups although the Federal V-Shok 17gr HP is so close that it could be a toss-up. The CCI A-17 and the Win Varmint HV 17 gr Polytips were the least accurate with both producing 5 shots groups of ~1.0 to 1.5" at 60 meters. In my CZ 455, the A-17 ammo's velocity is only ~ 100 fps faster than the standard Hornady 17gr V-Max at 2706 fps vs. 2625 fps, respectively, and those are averages of many rounds measured with my Oehler chronograph.

But my 17 HM2 CZ 452 shooting Eley ammo loaded with 17gr VMax bullets is so much more accurate that it's my favorite, and I don't miss the extra 500 fps provided by the 17HMR. So, if someone wants a nice CZ455 in 17HMR just let me know.

What are you going to do when you run out of Eley 17HM2 ammo?

I won't live that long since I have several cases....

So I assume that you're not seeing the neck splits in your Eley 17HM2 that have been reported at RFC?