Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by RDW
Looks like a good deal and the two RAR rimfires I have owned shoot or shot great.

I bought one a few weeks back 22" barrel

Pros:
Very nice bluing and appears to be very tight

Cons:
I know a timney trigger and a wood stock are in the future.

Old Elkhunter

The stock I can understand because not everyone can take the plastic. It will never be wood.

But a $120 Timney trigger on a rifle that already HAS a perfectly good trigger is silly., imho. And I appreciate a good trigger pull as much as anyone.

I have two Americans and both triggers were decent out of the box, but now are now SUPERB with about 10 minutes worth of mods.

I did no stoning , filing or permanent mods. The steps below take less time than installing and adjusting a Timney and don't cost a C -note.

I simply-

1) Took the stock off.

2) Took out the trigger safety pin and removed it along with the Trigger safety and spring. I set it aside in a plastic bag if I ever needed to put the gun back to origional configuration.

3) Took out the trigger return spring that affect pull weight and replaced it with a retractable ballpoimt pend spring if tge same diameter and cut it to the same length as the orgional spring. Put the factory spring in the baggie with the trigger safety etc.

4) Installed the new spring and adjusted the set screw to give the desired pull weight. The range is usually 1.5 to 4 pounds with the new spring.

5) Put the stock back on.

My rifles have very consistent and crisp 2.5 lbs triggers now doing nothing more than the above. Everyone who tries the guns comment on how great the triggers are. And some of those guys have Timmney ,Shilen and other custom triggers in their guns.

With the bare slot in the trigger pad, the "feel" is much like a serrated trigger. It provides a little traction for the trigger finger but otherwise feels fine.

Last edited by jk16; 11/24/17.