Nice!!! That round had ta put a thump on that buck hard!! I need to get on the board with my marlin. Seen about 9 does and fawns this morning, a forky and the broken rack 8 I have seen 3-4 times. Now he is a 5pt left beam gone about 2inches above his g1 , like to see what he is possibly messing with to do that. He made it this far into the season. He has a pass from me now. Hopefully he survives till next year. The wife has 2 coworkers that want to fill up their freezer with deer. I told her I got 2 buck tags but I ain't shooting nothing less than an 8 as wide as its ears or better for the 1st one I kill with my marlin and they are more than welcome to the carcass. Unbred Does are coming into 2nd estrous right around now till 3 wk of dec. Told her to tell her coworkers give up$ 12.50 apeice , i will get my type 94 and kill em some does from Dec 18 to Jan 8 time frame. I don't like shooting slickheads, i like em relaxed and comfortable in the places I hunt. This doe thing , i might take 2 out of each of the 3 places I hunt at the most, maybe 1 per place. Im not to hyped up on it really. Kinda have also thought about dropping a doe early if given the chance and let it lay their for scent till I call it a day , but then I would stress over what might have been behind her and took off. Might work , might not. Honestly I would rather shoot a yote for my 1st kill with this rifle than a slickhead.

Last edited by renegade50; 12/03/17.