Two years back I posted my efforts in restoration of a model 70 mfg in 1948 with the dolls head tang.

The rifle had been well used and the stock was beaten up pretty much beyond use. I made a new stock and decided to have the pancake cheek piece found on the '48 period Super Grade. It was pointed out to me that the standard grade did not have such a scope cheek piece till later in the 50's and was not true to the restoration. None the less, since I had already formed it and was in the process of fitting it to the barrel and receiver, I went ahead and finished it.

Though I had planned on re-blueing it, after considering the forum advice on leaving the blueing on the rifle as-is and not do a re-blue, I decided to leave it as it was. All things considered, it worked out pretty well.

The result was very satisfying and if I do say so, not a bad job. So much so that I'm paranoid now about taking out and shooting lest I somehow damage untold months of work.

So, I thought I'd ask the experts if you know of a drop-in stock for a transition model 70? I checked with boyd's and they have a pre-war II stock but cannot be sure it would fit a '48 transition. I thought I'd poll you all to see if anyone has found a composite or artificial material stock that was a drop in for a transition model with the dolls head tang?

I'd like for a drop in 'cause I've already got two major projects I'm 30% into and I need another fit and finish job like rocks in my head.

Advice and wisdom is appreciated.

Ken