2017 Alabama 24hourcampfire Deer Hunt.....

What can I say, no deer were harmed in the execution of this event. lol

The weather was harsh, temps at night dipping into the low teens and the terrain was tough to hunt. Other than a few does no deer were seen by our members. Lots of sign, just not in the right place at the right time.

Getting to meet everyone in person was outstanding! Sharing a camp with Jay, Sam, Mark, Tom, Chris, and Randy was an absolute blast. Many laughs, fine food and drink and few tall stories were shared around the campfire. In my opinion that is the heart of what this group is about. Good people enjoying the great outdoors. I can't say thank you enough to every member that took time out of their life's to join me on the adventure. I got to try Sam's awesome hot sauces something I've wanted to do for a while. Mark introduced me to Black Rifle Coffee and I might just be hooked, it was good stuff and I'm not a regular coffee drinker.

Some locals that were more familiar with area had more success. A 11yr old girl shot a really nice 9pt Saturday evening and big bodied 4pt this morning. The smile on her face as pictures were being taken was priceless! I'll be adding pics to this post as I have time, members from the hunt please share your photos as well.

Last edited by 444Matt; 12/10/17.