Well I have owned just about all of them at one time or another. And bear in mind -the below thoughts are for RECIEVER SIGHTS not tang or barrel sights.

While they are.not quite as tradtional ,having only been around since the 1950s, in actual use- I feel the Williams FP reciever sights are the best. Better than even the old Steel Lymans were.. I know the reactionary traditionalists here will howl, but its true.

Here is why-

1) Annodized Aluminum will not rust. Its a light rigid strong material. The same properties that make it superior to steel for scope tubes also make it better for reciever sights.

2) All the adlustment parts in the Williams FP sights are fully enclosed and are machined hardended steel . The "clicks" are achieved by steel ball bearing detents.

The Lymans on the other hand have EXPOSED steel flat waffle springs to accomplish the detents. Very crude by comparision and exposed to rusting and damage with hard use.

The Willams FP sights at $50 to $60 are made in the USA by a familly run company and IMHO are one of the true bargains in the shooting world. They work.