Originally Posted by natman
Originally Posted by Bugger

I decided to turn (in and out) the engagement, the spring and the over travel. The over travel and the engagement adjustment seemed fine. The spring/tension however, not so much. There was no spring pressure. The engagement varied from each time I pulled the trigger there was no evidence of spring pressure. I didn’t know for sure but suspected the spring was so gummed up that it would not function.
I took the trigger off, installed an aftermarket trigger. Maybe someday I’ll soak that trigger in Kroil or carb Cleaner or...
( I used to take these triggers apart and inspect, repair if necessary. Due to arthritis and several damaged fingers over the years and difficulty I have getting that safety lever back on, I no longer do such work. )

My assumption is that WD-40 sold another rifle. I wonder how much work gunsmiths get from shooters/hunters using of such products???

I shouldn’t bitch. I now have a very nice old (the way I like them) BDL.

Let me get this straight - the trigger spring had a problem. You replaced the original trigger. Then without even bothering to look at the problem spring you decided that WD-40 must be the cause without a shred of evidence. That's some Olympic class jumping to conclusions.

I guess I should have said my assumption is that WD-40 sold another rifle, sorry.
The problems were:
1. The bolt release was locked in place.
2. The first trigger pull was way high 8+ pounds.
3. When I cleaned the trigger with carb cleaner, the fluid that came out of the trigger was black as dark coffee.
4. When I cleaned the spring and having cleaned the trigger thoroughly and used a decent cleaning agent and lubricant the trigger worked as it should.

My mistake it was the spring. Thanks for you acute observation.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally